Shakeology Flavor Reviews: What’s the Best Flavor?
When fitness enthusiasts and novice gym rats want to find a way to spice up their routine, they are more than likely to start looking for a great protein shake to help complement their efforts in the gym.
As the saying goes, no pain, no gain. However, no protein shake basically means no results. That might bother you, but it’s something you needed to hear.
To help increase your weight lifting efforts, I’m going to cover all the different flavors of Shakeology. I’ll go over what you should expect, what each taste actually tastes like, and which flavor is the most popular.
What is Shakeology?
Shakeology is a popular meal replacement shake among fitness enthusiasts, especially
When taken on a daily basis, after your workout or as a meal replacement during your day, Shakeology can be used for increasing your energy, helping you lose weight, build muscle, satisfy cravings, and it has even been said to help improve digestion, as crazy as that might sound.
Back in 2009 when Beachbody first launched their Shakeology product, it only came in two flavors: chocolate, and Greenberry (which is in fact green). Having these two flavors be very successful, Beachbody decided to launch some new flavors: The Vegan Chocolate, Vegan Strawberry, Vegan Vanilla, regular strawberry, and café latte.
Which Flavor is the Best?
Of course, Beachbody’s main goal is to make Shakeology flavors that people actually like. That way all the fitness junkies using it will keep using it. Crazy concept, right? So, to help bring in new customers and retain current ones, Beachbody launched the flavors mentioned above, but they also started producing sample packets. These samples contained just one serving of Shakeology, this allowed people who haven’t tried Shakeology before to taste it without the commitment of purchasing a whole bag.
People who haven’t tried Shakeology before would be smart to take advantage of these samples and to also stick to the classic flavors chocolate and vanilla. Once you’ve had a taste and can decide whether or not you like the flavor, you can make a decision to purchase a bag or not. If not, then maybe it’s time to broaden your horizons and try some other flavors.
You have the ability to choose any flavors you’d like. For example, you can stick to your core flavors of chocolate and vanilla, and perhaps try out the strawberry or café latte. There are some great recipes for the café latte to make a “Frappuccino” kind of shake.
What You Should Expect
This is why you’re here. You want to know what you should expect from all the different flavors. Of course, everyone has a preference, so it’s best for you to try a sample packet for every flavor before you make a final decision. So without further delay, let’s get into it.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is by far the most popular flavor, and has a very strong “brownie” taste according to a lot of users. This flavor was my favorite, and I loved to have it after my workout. Unlike the vegan chocolate, this flavor is absolutely outstanding. It is very thought when you blend it, and it really doesn’t have that “healthy” taste that you might think. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about when I say “healthy” taste.
- Vegan Chocolate: The vegan chocolate flavor is somewhat lackluster in comparison to its chocolate counterpart. It’s made from all-natural cocoa, so it does have a thicker after taste than the original. That being said, it blends much smoother as well and is lighter in general than the regular chocolate. Overall, people don’t like the vegan as much as the regular.
- Café Latte: This is the most recent flavor. Released in 2016, café latte is supposed to resemble a cappuccino drink. Many customers say that it’s best when made in the form of a smoothie. It has a nice coffee taste, includes all the original ingredients, and has close to the same amount of caffeine as an 8oz. cup of coffee.
- Strawberry: Strawberry is said to be very smooth and thick when blended, much like the original chocolate flavor. However, it’s said that it really doesn’t taste like your typical strawberry. Instead, imagine the taste of a strawberry milkshake, and that is very similar to what you’ll get with this flavor.
- Vegan Strawberry: The vegan strawberry flavor is a lot lighter than the original, much like the vegan chocolate is compared to the chocolate. But, customers say it also has a “grainy” taste when compared with the other flavors. As a result, a lot of people don’t like this flavor, as it gives you a weird feeling in your mouth when you’re drinking it. But, people say it’s very light and goes well with tons of different fruits, which is why people still use it.
- Vanilla: The vanilla flavor is said too much quite sweet when compared with the other Shakeology flavors. It is smooth when blended, and goes well with a variety of fruits and almond milk. Many people prefer the vanilla because of its ability to go well with many other ingredients when made into a smoothie.
- Greenberry: Last but not least, we have the Greenberry flavor. The name Greenberry might be a little misleading because you might be thinking it has a berry type of flavor. Well, not really. The Greenberry flavor tastes much like sweetened green tea. It’s not overly sweet though, so if you’re not looking for something very sweet like the vanilla, this might be for you. It’s also said that the Greenberry has an “earthy” taste if that makes sense. Overall, it’s not the most popular flavor, but it’s not the least popular one either (vegan strawberry).
And the Best Shakeology Flavor IS…
Up to you. You need to pick which flavor you prefer the most. To do this, you’ll likely need to try them all, unless you find “the one” and simply can’t imagine drinking anything else. If you have any questions, please ask in the comment section, or look around at the rest of the site! I’m sure you’ll find something helpful.