Overview of P90X3: P90X3 is for everyone who want’s to get into great shape at home, no matter what their fitness level. This program doesn’t have the same 90 minute workouts as the original P90X, but rather the workouts are only 30 minutes long! Perfect for people with busy schedules.P90X3 is:
- Not as difficult as the original P90X
- A total body workout
- Comes with a diet plan
- Is very beginner friendly
- Is perfect for people with busy schedules
Updated: August 9th 2018
If you’re reading this review, then chances are you just saw the P90X3 infomercial on TV, or a friend or family member told you about it, am I right? You’re probably asking yourself if the program actually works? Am I in good enough shape to do the program? We’re going to cover all of this in the following review.
P90X3 is a program comprised of primarily 30-minute strength training workouts, that are designed to get you ripped at home and build an athletic and lean body.
The best thing about P90X3 is the science that it’s built on. This program was designed with the idea of getting you the best workout in the shortest amount of time. The program does this by using high-intensity exercises that will bring your heart rate up and burning calories.
The P90X3 program is still built on the 90-day program cycle, just like the original P90X. And just like the original, you will have a workout schedule telling you what workout to do on what day.
P90X3 offers three separate approaches to doing the program. Classic, which is best described as building strength while still getting ripped. Lean, which focuses more on getting ripped and losing weight. And Mass, which focuses on building mass and getting as strong as possible. The program also offers
Who is this Program For?
I could lie and tell you that everyone can do this program, but this is an unbiased P90X3 review, so I won’t do that. P90X3 is a fantastic workout, but this program isn’t for everyone. If your primary goal is to build muscle and gain mass, then this program probably isn’t a good option. Instead, you should check out the Body Beast Workout program.
P90X3 is great for men and women who want a workout and diet program that will help to improve their overall health and how they look. Teenagers can do this program under adult supervision. Judging by most of the P90X3 reviews that I’ve read, this program is great for women who want to improve their muscle tone after pregnancy, and overweight people.
When starting P90X3, as with any workout program, you need to maintain a certain level of discipline and patience. If some of the workouts are too hard for you, it is okay to do things at your own pace. Instead of doing the whole workout, do half of it for the first few weeks. Don’t push yourself too hard if you’re not ready for it, work your way up to your goal. If you aren’t at the fitness level that you need to be at the start of the program, you will quickly get there by the end of it.
P90X3 is also beneficial for people who are recovering from recent injuries and are trying to regain some of their strength. Overall, the P90X3 reviews that I’ve read online have mostly been positive, and I myself have done the program as well, but I’ll leave my personal feelings out of this P90X3 review.
What Do You Get in the P90X3 Workout Program?
The base kit for the program comes with 16 workout DVD’s, a diet plan, workout calendar, and a pro-grade resistance band.
The deluxe kit comes with all the same things as the base kit, with the addition of three bonus workouts, an energy and endurance guide, and two extra resistance bands.
The ultimate kit comes with everything mentioned in the first two kits, plus the Beachbody jump mat, the Beachbody results and recovery formula, a pull-up bar, and a chin up max band.
The Workout DVD’s
In P90X3, there are six muscle building resistance workouts.
- Total synergistic: this is a full body workout that is designed to help you lose weight, and tone your muscles.
- The Challenge: an upper body resistance workout designed to tone and strengthen your whole upper body.
- Incinerator: a full body resistance workout designed to destroy your muscles.
- The Warrior: A total body workout that you can do anywhere in the world, not just your home.
- Eccentric Upper: An intense and fast paced upper body workout designed to build muscle.
- Eccentric Lower: An intense and fast paced lower body workout designed to build muscle.
Power Building Workouts
- Agility X: Agility X is a combination of aerobic and anaerobic exercises that will help you build strength and flexibility.
- Triomectrics: Triometrics is a new version of the original “plyometrics” workout, designed to quickly build up your power and speed.
- Decelerator: This is a deceleration workout.
- CVX: CVX is an interval style resistance training workout. It’s a full body workout designed to help strengthen your core.
- MMX: MMX is great for losing weight. It’s a martial arts and cardio workout that will help you increase your cardiovascular strength and endurance.
- Accelerator: This is a great cardiovascular workout, purely designed to help you burn fat.
Flexibility & Core Workouts
- X3 Yoga: X3 Yoga is a flow style yoga routine that will help you improve flexibility, stamina, and core strength.
- Pilates X: Pilates X is a great workout that targets the core, and helps you increase muscular strength and flexibility.
- Isometrics: As the name implies, this is an isometrics workout designed to help you tone your muscles.
- Dynamix: Dynamix is a stability, flexibility, and range of motion workout that maximizes the results that you’ll get from using the P90X3 workout program.
The program will require you to invest in some additional workout equipment, which is a small additional cost. The additional equipments that you’ll need are some dumbbells or resistance bands, and a pull-up bar. If you want to get the best results out of this program, then getting this equipment is a must.
P90X3 Meal Plan
The P90X3 meal plan is one of the most important keys to your success if you’re trying to lose weight. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “abs are made in the kitchen”, well that statement is completely true! 80% of your results will come from your diet, and that’s no different for this. The P90X3 meal plan gives you a full list of the kinds of foods that you should be eating to get the best results.
It tells you what the best sources of protein, fats, and carbohydrates are. So if you’re confused about what you should be eating, don’t worry, this program has a great meal plan to help you better understand.
P90X3 Schedule & Workout Calendar
As mentioned earlier, the P90X3 schedule is all laid out for you so there’s no guess work on what workout you should be doing. The P90X3 schedule is set up in a way that all you have to do is look at what day it is, and what workout is scheduled for that day. There’s also a support staff available for you, should you have any questions regarding the program or diet plan. All you have to do is call Beachbody. For a better idea of what to expect from the P90X3 schedule check out the picture below.
What are the Workouts Like?
Well, the workouts last on average about 30-minutes, which we touched on earlier in the article. They’re very easy to follow exercises, which are designed to build up your strength and endurance over time. The routines may be hard for some people at first, and if that’s the case then there are modifications that are shown in the videos to help make the moves easier. Just look around on the internet, there are plenty of P90X3 reviews from men and women who started the program in bad shape, and they were still able to do it.
Pros of P90X3
The biggest reason that people give when they are asked what it is they most like about P90X3, is how short the workouts are. Each workout is only about 30 minutes, so it’s pretty easy to fit this workout into just about any kind of schedule. You can even do it during your lunch break, or in the morning before going to work. There really is no excuses not to get your workout in.
The second thing is the great results that people are getting from just 30 minutes of exercise. You don’t have to spend hours each day at the gym to get into amazing shape. Let’s summarize the best things that customers are saying about the P90X3 program:
- Average workout time is only 30 minutes long. That being said, each workout DVD has an optional extended warm up and cool down sessions which will add anywhere from 12 – 18 minutes per workout. It’s a good idea to not skip these sections, as proper warm up and cool down is great for preventing injuries.
- This program requires very little workout equipment. P90X3 is very similar to the original P90X in that you don’t need a lot of equipment to get the workouts done. All you really need is a pull-up bar, and some dumbbells or resistance bands. Additional equipment that you can get, but isn’t necessary, is a yoga mat, some yoga blocks, and that’s it.
- The P90X3 program is noobie friendly! It’s a fairly easy program to follow, with moves that aren’t too challenging. Some of the P90X3 reviews even go as far as to say that the P90X3 program is a better starting program than the original P90X.
- P90X3 has some great cardiovascular workouts. These cardio workouts are both challenging, and rewarding at the same time. There are breaks in the workouts for you to catch your breath, but you’ll still be burning a ton of calories.
- The martial arts workout is a complete blast. If you have done the original P90X, you’ll likely remember the “Kenpo” workout program and how much fun that it was. Well, the MMX workout is equally as fun and challenging! Overall, all of the cardio workouts in this program are fun, not just MMX.
- The P90X3 meal plan goes into great depth as to what you should eat to achieve your goals and adds a ton of value to the program. In the meal plan, you’ll find great recipes to try, including some gluten free, vegetarian, and even vegan recipes.
Cons of P90X3
- The biggest problem that a lot of people seem to have with the program, is that it’s not great for building mass and gaining weight. Lots of people bought the program with the thoughts that it would be like the original P90X, which was good for building muscle. This is not the case for P90X3.
- The pacing of the workouts is sometimes a little too fast for some people. That being said, there are modification moves for people who are starting off in a little worse shape than others.
- It’s a 90-day program. Some people see this as being too much time. They want quicker results. Well, I’m sorry to say but fitness and getting in shape is not easy! There is no shortcut, you either do the work, or you don’t.
Many customer reviews claim that they lost up to 10 pounds in the first month of trying P90X3. I would share my results from P90X3 with you, but I’m trying to keep this P90X3 review as unbiased as possible.
But it’s true, you do see a ton of stories of people who lost a lot of weight using P90X3, and many other Beachbody programs to be honest with you. Most people tend to love the P90X3 program. As long as you stay committed and work hard, then there’s no reason that you shouldn’t get great results as well.
Final Thoughts – Give it a Try
If you’re looking for a practical workout that doesn’t take up too much of your time, or if you want to lose weight, improve your strength, or just get in shape, give P90X3 a try. I’ve used it myself, and to keep this P90X3 review as unbiased as possible I’ve left out my opinion.
If you have any questions or comments please don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section! Also, if you found this post to be helpful and informative, please do share it with your friends! It helps out the website and I would greatly appreciate it!