Are you looking for a meal replacement shake that gives you a ton of healthy ingredients and improves your overall health? Then you’ve probably heard of Shakeology, and you’re in the right place if you want to know more about it.
In this review you’ll learn:
- What Shakeology is.
- What ingredients are in it.
- What flavors Shakeology comes in.
- What the price is, and why it’s affordable.
- And much more.
Putting time and effort to find the best foods for staying healthy is a tough job for most these days. No wonder people are always searching for meal replacement shakes that will provide them with an easy answer to their healthy eating woes. If you too have been looking for a health shake that makes you feel healthier, gives your energy a big boost, improves your digestion and even helps you in your quest to lose weight, Shakeology could be worth considering. Though you may find several Shakeology reviews online, our unbiased version here is aimed at bringing the relevant facts to the forefront to help you make an informed decision. We are not here to convince you into buying the product. So, whether you buy the product after reading this review or decide otherwise, it’s your decision. We just want to lay down the facts related to Shakeology without any unnecessary exaggeration or tampered data to make sure you make the right decision.
Shakeology Reviews – What is Shakeology?
This meal replacement shake is available in 7 flavors (Vanilla, Café Latte, Strawberry, Chocolate Vegan, Chocolate, Tropical Strawberry Vegan and Greenberry) and promises to give you your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Not to take online Shakeology reviews at their face value, we decided to dig deeper into the claim. We found that there really isn’t another product that can give you the same amount of vitamins, nutrients,
The creator of Shakeology
One day, asked by her husband Carl Daikeler – Beachbody CEO and Co-Founder about creating the ultimate shake leveraging her decades of wellness and nutrition experience, Isabelle came up with the idea of it being whole food based with digestive enzymes,
There’s an interesting story behind the launch of the Vanilla Shakeology. In 2010, Carl Daikeler announced that they could never go public with the Vanilla Shakeology as creating it without artificial chemicals was simply impossible at that time. Beachbody found that health shakes were using these chemicals for their Vanilla shakes despite claiming to be natural. Carl Daikeler didn’t want to take the same route and jeopardize the health of the company’s customers and even trick them by giving them something with artificial chemicals and yet calling it all-natural. But Darin Olien wasn’t ready to give up. He traveled around the world in his attempt to find
Unlike other Shakeology reviews that simply list the ingredients, we decided to take
- Isolated Whey Protein and Fiber: While the former is a source of high-quality protein that your body can easily absorb, the latter keeps you feeling full for a longer time. Thus reducing your food cravings and hunger. Since whey protein encourages in building and maintaining muscle mass, you get better results with your workout sessions that are aimed at muscle gain. Yet, the benefits don’t stop here since your muscles can now regenerate faster. Which no longer makes you feel sore after every workout session. Whey protein even helps to keep your blood sugar steady. Thanks to the essential amino acids present in whey protein that encourage clarity of mind by supporting the functions of your brain, you can enjoy improved cognitive focus.
- Phytonutrients: Our Shakeology review found that this health shake contains polyphenols, flavonoids,
catechinsand anthocyanins. All of which have antioxidant properties that help to fight the damage caused by free radicals. Perhaps you know how free radicals damage your cells and could be held responsible for the aging process and worse, even for certain degenerative conditions. With the intake of Shakeology, you get to benefit from these phytonutrients that are known to prevent many of such degenerative conditions together with giving a boost to your immune system.
- Probiotics and Prebiotics: Probiotics are friendly bacteria that help your gut while prebiotics
referto elements that support such friendly bacteria, thus supporting healthy digestion. Since they help with nutrient absorption (e.g. prebiotics help in absorption of certain minerals, calcium being the most notable one), they support the regularity of your digestive trackthat helpyou to forget gas, bloating and other such troubles that are caused by poor digestion.
- Digestive Enzymes: By helping the foods you consume to be broken down into their individual components, these enzymes pave the way for better absorption of nutrients. This means whatever your food intake is throughout the day, it gets absorbed better in terms of nutrients, thus letting you enjoy better digestion and regularity.
- Adaptogen Herbs: In today’s
fast pacedlife, stress has become an inherent part that you just can’t avoid. The best way is to manage it effectively to lead a healthy life and that’s exactly what these herbs do. These herbs have been used traditionally to help your body become accustomed to the effects of stress and respond to it in a positive manner, thus not making it get hold of your life and turn into a chronic condition with time.
- Vitamins and Minerals: If you don’t like to eat your veggies (like many of us do) or just fail to get enough vegetables on your plate, this meal replacement loaded with vitamins and minerals can help you get the adequate dose your body requires for proper functioning. For lazybones or those pressed for time, drinking a glass of this healthy shake is much more convenient than buying and eating loads of fruits and veggies (not to mention the cooking time involved in some cases as you can’t eat some of these foods raw!).
Not many Shakeology reviews talk about the flavors in detail. Most Shakeology reviews just list the available options under “What is Shakeology” and that’s it! Though we too have listed the flavors available before, we thought it prudent to take a closer look and let you know what to expect from a particular flavor before you make your glass of shake.
When it comes to popularity, our research found that different people have different favorites with respect to Shakeology flavors. Yet, it was interesting to note a bagful of complaints about the taste of Shakeology’s Greenberry flavor, the most common one being its grassy taste. No wonder this emerged as the least popular flavor of the brand.
At the other end of the spectrum is the most popular flavor – Chocolate and Chocolate Vegan. It’s often said that you can’t go wrong with chocolate and perhaps this overwhelming support for these flavors prove just that once again. Though some people still say that chocolate flavors of some other brands have a better taste, it could be attributed to artificial sugars.
Fortunately, Shakeology’s other flavors (Vanilla, Café Latte, Strawberry and Tropical Strawberry Vegan)
Let’s take a quick look at what to expect from the different flavors:
- Chocolate Shakeology – has a nice, thick chocolate taste that works well on its own.
- Chocolate Vegan Shakeology – has a suitably smooth, albeit lighter chocolate taste than the regular Chocolate flavor and tastes exceptionally great when combined with almond milk or water.
- Greenberry Shakeology – tastes like smooth, thick Green Tea with an aftertaste that many won’t like to start with, especially those not used to drinking health shakes.
- Strawberry Shakeology – with a smooth flavor where you can really taste the strawberry, it has a bit of bitter taste though.
- Tropical Strawberry Shakeology (Vegan) – has a gritty flavor (unlike other flavors that are smooth) with a light taste that you can customize with fruit (e.g. frozen bananas).
- Café Latte Shakeology – coffee lovers are sure to love this smooth, coffee flavor without any additives where the entire coffee fruit (not just the coffee bean) has been used.
- Vanilla Shakeology – has a smooth,
all natural, light-tasting Vanilla flavor that you can customizedwith a range of fruits and vegetables.
Apart from its merit as a health product, most flavors of Shakeology score on the taste front too. Not many health shakes can claim the same. Unlike most plain health shakes that either
Does it help to lose weight?
There are a significant number of positive as well as a handful of negative Shakeology reviews that you can find online when it comes to this nutritional shake’s
Is Shakeology easy to follow?
Like any other meal replacement or diet program, boredom with the regimen is quite natural to occur. And when it comes, most of the people are more likely to either leave midway or cheat. With too much of cheating during the program, much of the attained weight loss may be reversed and sometimes, it may lead to weight gain as well. In our opinion, with diverse flavors available, the shakes are not difficult to follow on a daily basis as you can bring variety or even customize your shakes based on what appeals to your taste buds and are healthy too. In reality, the fitness program (Max 30, PiYo, Insanity etc) which is coupled with the shakes is harder to follow compared to drinking the shakes. The Shakeology ingredients won’t leave you with any detrimental side effects except a
Vegan vs. Regular Shakeology
Shakeology creators are continuously busy in their research to find new superfood ingredients which they can include in the product to make it better and even more effective. Though the fundamental proprietary superfood blends that form the basis of all Shakeology formulas remain the same, a few ingredients of the Tropical Strawberry Vegan and Chocolate Vegan formulas are different, given that they were formulated (and launched in the market) at different times.
In both these vegan flavors, animal proteins have been replaced with plant-based proteins to help you experience lesser digestive issues, feel more energetic and lighter and successfully maintain a healthy weight. Both these flavors are:
- lactose free
- soy free, and
- dairy free
Thus, these flavors are ideal for those who want to steer clear of animal or whey proteins or have dairy or soy intolerances. Even people having digestive issues will find these flavors beneficial since vegan proteins are more easily digested as compared to their animal counterparts.
The addition of GMO-free oat protein (which is a rich source of essential amino acids) to the company’s original vegan protein blend of rice and pea has made the consistency and texture of its vegan
With the addition of organic agave powder (from agave that’s naturally extracted without chemical additives or enzymes) to both these vegan flavors, your digestive system gets a boost since the agave fruit has a naturally high content of inulin – a prebiotic fiber that supports your digestive health.
The good about it
During our research, and reading many Shakeology reviews, we’ve found out that Shakeology acts as a powerhouse of nutrients, to help keep you healthy. Compared to many other nutritional shakes available in the market, Shakeology is adequately heavy to be served as a meal replacement. While many other shakes fall short when it comes to providing complete benefits, Shakeology ingredients comprise of whey isolate protein, digestive enzymes, fiber and nice additions of vitamins,
If your professional or domestic front keeps you too busy to eat healthily, you can opt for the Shakeology Convenience Pack that packs 24 solitary servings of your favorite Shakeology flavors. So, whether you are too busy to pack all the
When it comes to bringing this meal replacement home, our Shakeology reviews found you can even get it in an economical bag that contains a 30-day supply. With it stored in your kitchen, you can whip up a healthy shake that tastes great too anytime of the day. The power to choose a single flavor or blend alternate flavors can give your taste buds added variety and keep you away from being bored of the same taste.
The Bad About it
Most users complain about Shakeology price and at $129.95 for a month’s supply, we agree it can be a tad too steep for many. And if you take 2 drinks per day, your monthly stock will last just for a fortnight. Yet, at approximately $4 a day (when you consume the shake once a day), this nutrient-dense health shake can be actually much cheaper than most meals you can rustle up or buy for breakfast and lunch.
Some people even complain of feeling gassy when they start taking Shakeology. The horrible taste of some flavors is another complaint that users have against this product. Though the Greenberry flavor receives the most flak for being terrible and simply intolerable, a few users also complain about the other flavors being not up to their mark in terms of taste.
As a meal replacement shake, Shakeology should make you feel full. Yet, some people say they don’t feel fuller for a longer period of time after drinking Shakeology.
Some people even complain that Shakeology ingredients don’t have enough scientific data to back the claims made by Beachbody and the lone clinical trial the product had undergone left many questions unanswered like whether the participants had health problems; how many men and women were there and to which age groups did they belong; were the results compared on the basis of gender; did they find different effects in case of men vs. women; were the average reductions in weight, cholesterol significant etc.
Is Shakeology right for you?
It’s difficult to say if this product is right for everyone. While some may give it a miss just because it doesn’t have scientific data to back up its claims, others may stay away after finding the
Now that you know all about Shakeology, there’s no need to stretch it any further like many Shakeology reviews out there. All we want to say is that we found this meal replacement shake to be a great,